Rejuvenation and five senses therapies
- Abhyanga is the classical, deeply relaxing Ayurvedic massage. It uses handcrafted oils prepared with herbs to rejuvenate and balance the doshas and to harmonize body, mind and spirit. It is beneficial for diseases of the nervous and immune systems such as anxiety, tics, Parkinson’s disease, heart palpitations, multiple sclerosis, autoimmune disease, muscle tension, chronic fatigue, general tonification and more.
- Shirodhara is a mind calming therapy accomplished by allowing a gentle soothing stream of warm herbalized oil to flow on to the forehead over the 6th chakra (third eye). It is very relaxing and it calms body and mind by balancing communication between the two hemispheres in the brain, bringing relaxation, improving memory and nourishing hair & scalp. Shirodhara is very effective for reducing stress and nervous tension. Shirodhara is suggested for chronic problems such as: Anxiety, Eye diseases, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Premature greying or balding, Neurological disorders, Memory or hearing loss, Hormonal imbalances, Tinnitus, Vertigo, Ménière’s disease, Stress, Fatigue, Nervousness, Headaches, Lack of concentration, Anorexia, Psoriasis, and Insomnia.
- Marma therapy is the application of essential oils and acupressure on energetic points. The marma are junction points between consciousness and physiology. Activation of these vital marma points supports the body’s perpetual quest for balance and healing. Ayurveda recognizes 117 marma points. Alone or incorporated with abhyanga, it helps promoting relaxation, healing and longevity. This treatment is good for mental and emotional balance, the nervous system, pain, paralysis, cancer and more.
- Pinda sveda is a local application of a pinda (warm bolus) made of rice or herbs and nourishing herbal oil or milk decoction. This therapy combines oleation with fomentation and is used for arthritis, aches and pain, neuro-muscular and skeletal conditions.
- Ayurvedic facial is a rejuvenative treatment of the head, face and neck including massage, marma therapy and use of essential oils to restore, to balance & to nourish the skin. It helps to relax the whole nervous system.
- Aromatherapy is the inhalation and application of essential oils to reach body, mind, senses and consciousness. It works directly on the mind and subtle body, and can play an important role in treating psychological and psychic disorders. Aromatic oils help clear and clean channels and chakras and aid in prevention and ward-off of contagious diseases.
- Colour therapy is an important part of treating psychological and psychic disorders. There are different uses of colour, from light therapy to meals and home /work place decoration; colours have a profound effect on our moods.